I have one goal: Help Wilson Realty Co. agents achieve their goal, whatever their goal is.
Having worked in this industry for 25 years in both real estate sales and real estate pre/post and CE education I have learned that we are all better together; that a rising tide lifts all boats and that honesty and being upfront will always serve you well. So, I will be upfront and honest…
I started Wilson Realty Co. LLC in 2008 and we have grown to over 80 agents in multiple markets. When I started the company, I saw a lot of good agents falling out of the business because of the various expenses that had to be paid, but little sales activity due to the 2008 nationwide financial crisis. I wanted to create a company that could help agents succeed regardless of where they were in life. There were four things I believe must happen for us to do that:
1) Maximize the agent’s income: We pay an 85/15 split on every transaction so you know to the penny what you will earn on each transaction. We also do not set a commission minimum you must charge your clients, nor do we set a volume minimum on the number of homes you must sell. I understand that life can throw you curve balls and the best laid plans can get de-railed.
2) Minimize the agents’ expenses: We have no fees! Zero! Zip! There are no hidden fees, no franchise fees, no desk fees, no admin fees, no paperwork fees, no technology fees. None! you will never have to write a check to Wilson Realty Co.
3) Provide the essentials for agents to get their business up and running: We provide signage, business cards, portfolios, brochures, websites, electronic document storage and retrieval, IDX cooperation, Errors and Omissions insurance, email, FREE CE, and all the other things you need to get your business up and running.
4) Education: As a teacher at heart I know that each student learns in their own way. This is also true for real estate agents; so why would you run a class that forces scripts and dialogs and “best practices” that may work for some but not all down agents’ throats? My way may work for me, but it does not mean it will work for you. I have one goal and that is to help you achieve your goal. Our training is one on one. What do you need? What help do you want? What goal do you want to achieve? Our job is to help you get there with whatever method works best for you. Sitting in a classroom full of other agents doing forced cold calling may work for some, but I do not believe that a “one-size-fits-all” approach makes sense in the classroom or in life.
As a new agent there are four things you must do right from the beginning to assure you are on the right track for the long term. After that, your training becomes very individualized.
1) Know your contracts and addenda. We spend a lot of time on this.
2) Know your MLS. It is a powerful tool and many agents do not take advantage of it.
3) Know how to present the Working with Real Estate Agent brochure. We will give you advice on best practices, but ultimately you will find your voice through practice, practice, practice.
4) Know your inventory. We strongly encourage you to visit open houses, preview homes, host open houses, and get to know your local market. After all, wouldn’t you agree we should be familiar with the products our clients buy and sell?
5) Ok, I admit a snuck a fifth thing in here and although it isn’t one of the four, I encourage our agents to read my book Hiking the NC Real Estate Trail and its companion Trail Guide book to help them get started.
Doing these five things will provide you with a solid foundation upon which you will build your career.
I am proud of what we have built over the last 12 years and I look forward to talking with you about your career with Wilson Realty Co. Please reach out to me at 704-451-9945or [email protected] or Michelle Sok at [email protected] today.